Thursday, June 4, 2015

Douglass Brothers Hardware--Photo of the Day

The two sons of William Douglass, an early Payson Merchant built a two-story hardware store on 100 North Between Main Street and 100 East around 1900.  It was located where we find the east portion of  todays Walgreen Drug Store.  Samuel and Joseph operated the store together for a number of years until Samuel built a three story building on the northwest corner of Main Street and Utah Avenue in the early 1890s and went into business for himself.  This photo was taken at the time of the celebration of the completion of the Orem Railroad and the Strawberry Canal in 1916.

1 comment:

  1. I am so excited I found this blog and especially this pic! Joseph Douglass is an ancestor of mine and I am trying to find info on him and his family. Do have any other info that you could share with me? I would greatly appreciate it.

    ReplyDelete