Main Lobby--Payson Exchange Savings Bank--Photo of the Day
These two photos show the interior of the Payson Exchange Savings Bank located on the southeast corner of Main Street and Utah Avenue. This is now the location of Eli's Old Fashioned Ice Cream and Soda Shop. The original bank opened in 1891 and closed in 1924 when it failed. Payson City purchased the building in 1927. The main part of the bank served as the City Library. The City Office and Police Station were located in the east portion of the building. The Council Chamber was located on the second floor.