The J. C. Penney store located to Payson in about 1940. It occupied a building that once housed Knowles Motor. Knowles Motor had erected the building around 1920. Penneys occupied this location for about the next 25 years until around 1965. After it closed, the Arcade, a small mini-mall opened in the building. Mac and JoEllen Whitelock remodeled the building and had an apartment in the rear of the store. The front of the store housed their antique store, Main Street Antinques. It was later once again remodeled and this is now the location of the Payson City Library. This building has been located on Payson Main Street for almost 100 years.