The John Dixon home is located on the northeast corner of Main Street and 200 North. It is listed on the National Historic Register. Mr. Dixon was a banker and landholder, and one time mayor of Payson. It is an imposing red sandstone building. It was constructed in 1893 from sandstone that was quarried and brought from Spanish Fork Canyon. It has hand carved faces that decorate the upper part of the home. The home has been owned by numerous non-family members over the years. It still retains much of its original beauty and all the subsequent owners have tried to maintain the integrity of the old home.