The Commercial Bank of Payson opened on August 30, 1940 in the old State Bank of Payson building. The former State Bank had closed in 1932 and Payson was without a bank for eight years. The building was remodeled in 1954 and the front of the building had changes made to its appearance. An addition was added to the rear where part of the Farmer's Mercantile had part of their store for many years. The remaining part of the Farmer's building to the south of the bank remained for a number of years until it was demolished and a drive-up for the bank was constructed.