The Samuel Douglass home which is located on the northwest corner of Main Street and 200 North is the oldest of the three homes on the National Historic Register. The other two home in the Register are located directly across the street. The John Dixon Home and the C. F. Dixon Homes were built in the 1890s. The Douglass Home was built in 1874.
Mr. Douglas had cattle holdings and a local mercantile store. It is still owned and occupied by descendants of the original owner.