The Salt Lake and Utah Railroad was an electric railroad. It was known as the Orem Railroad. The line ran from Brigham City on the North and ended in Payson. There had been plans to extend to line south into Juab County but the plans never materialized. The Payson Station was located where we find the parking lot for the Crest General Store. The line came in from the east and a cut was made through the hill to the north of the Peteetneet School to accommodate the tracks. The repair shops were located several blocks to the east of the station. We find Best Deal Spring Service located on the site today. The line operated from 1916 until 1946. George A. Cheever Sr. served as the Station Master during almost the entire time.