Historic Homes--George Patten Home--Photo of the Day
The George Patten home was built in 1876 by the local cattleman and land owner. In 1901 Dr. Parley Pratt opened a hospital in the home. His wife was Jennie Patten. The parlor became the office for the doctor, the kitchen became the operating room and two of the upstairs bedrooms were patient rooms. The hospital closed in 1913. The home has now been restored and is now owned by a Patten descendent, V. L. Barnett. The young boy in the older photo is a well-known Payson resident for many year, Ed Balzley.