The Samuel Douglass Building was located on the northwest corner of Main Street and Utah Avenue. It was constructed in 1891 and served the community until 1954 when it was demolished and replaced by the City Drug Building. Samuel Douglass was the son of William Douglass who had one of the first stores in Payson. William later constructed a two-story building on the original site, the northwest corner of First North and Main Street, and it operated as William Douglass and Sons Mercantile. Later, Samuel and his brother, Joseph, constructed a two story building just east on 100 North just adjacent to where we find the Walgreen Drug. They operated a hardware store here for a number of years. Samuel sold his share of he hardware store and constructed his own business building.