Huish Furniture and Casket Company--Photo of the Day
This building was constructed 1870 by Walter Huish. It was located between Main Street and 100 North on the north side of the street. It housed a furniture manufacturing and sales on the first floor. The upper floor was the location where caskets were manufactures. After Walter Huish died, his son operated the business as John Huish and Sons. In 1916, after the death of Huish, in the building was sold to C. C. F. Dixon another local merchant. Mr. Dixon had established a that was located in several locations after being founded. He moved his market to this building where it was operated by several members of the family until 1972. After the death of Douglas Dixon the building housed several other businesses until it was demolished and a car wash was constructed on part of the property.