The Spring Lake Ward was organized as a branch in 1877. It was originally a branch of the Santaquin Ward and a year later it became a branch of the Payson Second Ward. In 1898 this building was constructed. It was completed in 1899. Originally it was a one room church. The room served as a chapel, dining hall for dinners and banquets as well as a dance floor and an auditorium for programs. There was an elevated stage in the east end of the building. Whenever there was a death in the branch, the stage was decorated in a filmy material that made a backdrop for the services. The branch was changed to a ward in 1901.