Payson was the southern end of the Salt Lake and Utah Railway. Some referred to it as the Orem Electric Railroad. The station was located just east of Main Street on 100 North. It would have been located where we find the parking lot of the Crest General Store today. George A. Cheever Sr. was station master until the railroad ceased operation in 1946.